Free Digital Books for Your Computer, Tablet, and More!
You Will Need:
- Your library card number
- Your e-mail address
- A computer or mobile device with internet access
What to Do:
- In your internet browser, go to http://berlinpecklibct.oneclickdigital.com/
- Click on “Create New Account.” Enter your library card number and other information, and submit. (You can change these preferences at any time.) You only have to create an account once. All other times, click on “Login” to access the site.
- If your device supports apps, you may download the OneClickdigital app from your app store.
- Use your computer’s internet browser or your app to search or browse and find a book to check out. When you find an available book, select your loan period and click “Checkout Now!”
- Go to “My Collection” to see the books you have checked out. Download and enjoy.
You can listen to audiobooks:
- On your device, with the OneClick app
- On your computer, with the OneClickdigital MediaManager software
- On your device, by transferring from your computer through the OneClickdigital MediaManager software
You can read eBooks:
- On your device, with the OneClickBook app
Notes on OneClickdigital:
- You can check out up to 10 titles at a time (including book eBooks and audiobooks).
- OneClickdigital is not currently compatible with Kindle eReaders. It is compatible with the Kindle Fire, with the OneClickdigital app.
- OneClickdigital is completely separate from OverDrive; and both collections are completely separate from the collection of books in the physical library.
- You may find some of the same titles, or you may find different ones.
- Your downloaded books will not show up on your regular library account; likewise, the books you check out from the physical library will not necessarily be available to download.
- Just like at the physical library, you can search, browse, make a wishlist, and place holds.
- There are no overdue fines or need to return books—they delete themselves when loans expire.
- You can return audiobooks early; and some titles you will be able to renew.
- “My Collections” shows you your checked-out books, wishlist, holds, and history.
- “My Account” shows you your personal information and preferences.
- If you’re having trouble, OneClickdigital offers a help site and phone number here.
- If you’d rather view a web tutorial, those are also available.